P.O. Box 790
McAllen, TX 78505
McAllen is the right size and the right site for your next meeting.
McAllen is the metropolitan hub of South Texas. This amazing city offers spectacular, technologically advanced convention facilities and capabilities. Our world-class Convention Center beautifully handles a variety of events from expos and trade shows, to board meetings and conventions. Even sporting events can be held in the spacious, multi-use facility.
And once the meeting is over, a world of fun awaits attendees and their families – everything from thousands of acres of wilderness waiting to be wandered to our lively 17th Street that sizzles after the sun goes down. This business-friendly city in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley has the right accommodations, attitude and activities to make your meeting make you look good. In short, McAllen is your ideal convention location.
Versatile space & accommodations
- Convention Center located on 18.5 acre park setting.
- 174,000 square feet of exhibition/meeting space accommodates up to 1,200 attendees
60,000 sq. ft. column-free exhibit hall.
- 4 ballrooms; up to 16 breakout rooms.
- 2,400 convention quality hotel rooms within 1 1/2 miles of Convention Center.
- Total of 6,000 rooms within the area – all priced right.
Easy access, travel and transportation
- City within 150 miles of 10 million people.
- Easy to get to McAllen with multiple daily flights to/from Dallas, Houston, Memphis.
- McAllen Miller International Airport less than 10 minutes from the Center.
- Excellent bus/shuttle service to all points McAllen.
Great weather year-round
- Eat outside in January.
- Golf year-round.
- Swim the warm Gulf waters off South Padre Island – an easy drive from here.
Tons of fun stuff
- Hundreds of restaurants from Tex-Mex to finest dining.
- 17 public golf courses.
- Lively nightlife in booming 17th Street Entertainment District.
- World-class nature tourism, the best you can find on the planet.
- Best city art district in Texas.
- Best shopping in South Texas and Northern Mexico.
- Best bird watching in the world.
All at the right price
If cost matters – and it always does – McAllen is the best place for your next convention. Meeting space, accommodations and all sorts of activities are priced so competitively that South Texas can’t be beat. In fact, we’ll go so far as to say McAllen is one of the best cities in the country – and certainly Texas – for convening to work, play and celebrate.
Continue browsing our site , then give us a call @ 956-682-2871. We look forward to helping you make it the best meeting you’ve planned. Ever.
The McAllen Convention and Visitors Bureau is pleased to offer assistance and services for conventions and meetings that utilize 100 or more hotel nights in local properties. This guide serves as your toolkit to let you know what services and materials we provide to ensure that your event and experience in McAllen exceed your expectations.
People always ask us how we can afford to provide so many free tools and educational resources to meeting planners. Well, it’s because of the support of people like you’ll find here. If you love what we give you, please give your business to these awesome meeting suppliers.