2 Portola Plaza
Monterey, CA 93940
Experience the best.
As the Central Coast’s largest and most diverse conference facility, the Portola Hotel & Spa is able to accommodate groups of all sizes for all Monterey meetings. Adjacent to the Monterey Conference Center, our unique, coastal-inspired conference venues offer over 50,000 square feet of flexible indoor space and nearly 60,000 square feet of outdoor event space for Monterey meetings, conferences, sales pitches, concerts, and celebratory functions. Centrally located, guests can walk from our Monterey meeting space to local beaches, cafes, coastal recreation trails, shops, galleries, and more.
From teambuilding activities to the most technical of events, we are committed to the success of your Monterey meetings or events, overseeing the most intricate of details. Group reservations are made easy through the secure technology of Passkey or by speaking directly with our on-site Portola Reservation agents.
Services for your events and meetings in Monterey
The Portola Hotel & Spa has years of experience planning Monterey Bay events of all sizes. The Portola Hotel & Spa offers dedicated conference service and catering professionals to coordinate everything from intricate meeting details and menu tastings to offsite incentive events and group activities. A full-service business center and an on-site audiovisual team are available to ensure a smooth event.
Green Monterey meeting space
Sustainable and efficient
As Monterey County’s first Silver LEED®-EB Certified, green hotel, Portola is committed to creating sustainable and eco-friendly events and green meetings in Monterey.
We are proud to offer meeting and event planners the opportunity to create sustainable and eco-friendly Monterey meeting space through the Monterey Green Meetings Program at the Portola Hotel & Spa. We take pride in our environment and do our best to support the green efforts of the community as well as implement our own eco-friendly initiatives at our Monterey green hotel. We are as dedicated to the environment as we are to your business.
Portola Hotel & Spa is honored to be Silver LEED® Certified, becoming the first truly “green” hotel in Central California in the “Existing Building” category to attain this high level. For more information on Portola’s Green Initiatives, please click here.
Green Monterey meeting space features include:
- Zero waste meetings & events.
- Composting of post-consumer organic wastes.
- Video conferencing.
- Environmentally friendly vendor & exhibit companies suggestions.
- Open communication regarding the use of reusable or recyclable packing & materials.
- Earth-friendly plastic & paper goods.
- The utilization of China, glassware & silverware, replacing the use of to-go cups.
- Organic & sustainable menu options (including Seafood Watch® Program).
- Team building activities with an emphasis on environmental awareness.
Unique Monterey event planning
After a successful day of meetings, get out there and have a little fun right here in our own backyard….endless possibilities await! Portola Hotel & Spa is pleased to offer unique Monterey event planning services across a variety of venues. From white sand beach parties for social occasions, to golf outings for team building events, to culinary classes for families, there’s something to suit any taste in our Monterey event venues. Browse our many offerings below and contact us today to get started.
Unique venues & theme parties
- Historic outdoor venues.
- Memory garden.
- Custom house plaza.
- White sand Cali style beach parties
- Beer pairing events and tastings.
- Nautically inspired private on-site venues.
- Portola’s Light & Bright Atrium.
- Coastal fun.
- Stand-up paddle boarding.
- Whale watching.
- Sailing charters.
- Deep sea fishing.
- Sand castle contests.
- World class golf outings.
- Bocce ball tournaments.
- Scavenger hunts.
- Surrey bike rentals.
Spousal and family programs
- Culinary classes.
- Wine tasting tours.
- Behind the scenes tours of the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Shopping experiences.
- Spa treatments.
- Endless recreational activities.
A leader in high-definition video conferencing and internet streaming, our on-site Event Technology Team offers the most sophisticated technology with impeccable service.
Portola Hotel & Spa is the leader in High Definition Video Conferencing and Internet Streaming. The hotel’s state-of-the-art event space offers a full menu of the latest technology, including wireless and wired Internet access, and a staff of onsite event technology technicians to ensure that each and every event is impeccably executed. All Event Technology equipment is onsite and owned by the Portal Hotel.
Portola Hotel & Spa’s event technology services include:
- 100 Mbps dedicated Internet connection.
- HD20K (Barco) Projectors & Barco Video Switcher.
- 16:9 Wide Screens to support today’s video presentation formats.
- Fiber Optic infrastructure offering maximum flexibility throughout the property.
- HD video conferencing/streaming.
- Shure conference one.
- Countryman over ear microphones.
- Bose L1 Model II’s.
- LED lighting.
Catering menus and meeting packages
People always ask us how we can afford to provide so many free tools and educational resources to meeting planners. Well, it’s because of the support of people like you’ll find here. If you love what we give you, please give your business to these awesome meeting suppliers.