Just in time for Christmas, Topi has introduced two new features that give meeting planners a simple, affordable technological solution to two of their biggest pain points: managing registration and building event websites.
Topi, known for an innovative event app that makes attendee/exhibitor networking smoother, now offers planners an online dashboard that lets them update information and track user engagement metrics in real time. Now all the information that planners enter into the dashboard simultaneously generates a parallax-scrolling event microsite. (Translation: Those cool, modern-looking websites that scroll down to the areas mentioned in the header navigation rather than jumping to other webpages.)
As new exhibitors, sponsor information or session materials are added to the app dashboard, those sections of the event website simultaneously update. This link between a mobile event app and online event site eliminates the need for planners to update information on multiple channels or wait for webmasters to make corrections.
Other bells and whistles:
- Planners create a vanity URL.
- They can track the microsite’s visitor traffic, referrals and e-commerce conversions by entering their company’s Google Analytics code into the dashboard.
- The site prominently displays links to event registration, the company’s website,Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social networks.
- Visitors can social-share the event site, view Twitter conversations linked to the event hashtag and post their own messages from the website.
- Planners can custom-brand the site by uploading event logos and background images.
- Prominently featured links to download the event app encourage early adoption among attendees. Once more than 10 people have loaded the app, a “community” area of the website appears to show who’s coming (planners can opt to disable this feature if there are privacy concerns).
To close the event marketing, promotion, sales and engagement loop even further, Topi has developed a secure online registration system that launched last week. When building an event, planners choose to link to an external registration provider or use Topi’s system.
Topi’s registration system, like its event app and dashboard, is designed to be simple, intuitive and quick to implement. Once selected, planners use a sliding scale to determine how much of the processing fee they want to pass on to attendees. They can schedule different levels of tickets and pricing as well as promo codes to activate and go offline at different points in the sales cycle.
Confirmation emails encourage attendees to download the event app immediately. A QR code assigned to each ticket allows on-site event staff to check attendees in via mobile devices. The online dashboard lets event organizers see, in real time, who bought tickets, who’s been checked in and gives them the ability to export data in spreadsheet form.
PYM LIVE attendees may already be familiar with Topi, which has powered 22 Plan Your Meetings events since 2013 and will provide the technology for 2015’s PYM LIVE Events as well. For more information, visit topi.com.