This may be a buyer’s market, but not every hotel offering a good deal is a safe bet. To get the real “dirt” on a property before booking, check out TripAdvisor’s 10 Dirtiest U.S Hotels of 2010. The list is based off of customer reviews that rate their overall experience at the hotel, including the hotel’s cleanliness, service and more.
According to TripAdvisor, think twice before staying here:
1. Heritage Marina Hotel, San Francisco, Calif.
2. Days Inn Eureka/Six Flags, Eureka, Mo.
3. Tropicana Resort Hotel, Virginia Beach, Va.
4. Super 8 Virginia Beach/At the Ocean, Virginia Beach, Va.
5. Quality Inn, Stroudsburg, Penn.
6. New York Inn, New York City, N.Y.
7. Parisian Hotel & Suites, Miami Beach, Fla.
8. Capistrano Seaside Inn, Capistrano Beach, Calif.
9. Desert Lodge, Palm Springs, Calif.
10. Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach, Fla.
Instead, consider TripAdvisor’s 2010 Top 25 Hotels in the U.S. For the complete list, click here.