- The W Scottsdale Hotel & Residences opened with 10,000 square feet of meeting space, a Bliss Spa, a fitness center and a business center.
- Delta Airlines will offer daily nonstop air service between Atlanta and Aspen Sardy Field, beginning Dec. 20.
- A 445-room Four Seasons Hotel & Resort is scheduled to open at Walt Disney World by 2012. Amenities will include a golf course.
- Gaylord Palms Resort was named a “Florida Green Lodging.”
- The TradeWinds Grand Resort completed a $1.6 million refurbishment of its 35,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club is completing the final stages of a $25 million restoration and rejuvenation plan, to be complete by the 2009 Super Bowl.
- An InterContinental Hotel is scheduled to open as part of the 1400 Peachtree project.
- Fado Irish Pub now has an Event Planning Service, led by Event Manager Kim Rector.
- The 166-room La Quinta Inn & Suites is temporarily closed due to fire damage sustained during Hurricane Gustav. It will reopen in February 2009 after completing renovations.
- The National World War II Museum is undergoing a $300 million expansion, to be complete by 2015. Improvements will include galleries, exhibits and a research center.
- Construction is underway on the Aria Resort & Casino in the CityCenter development on the Las Vegas Strip. The $11 billion project will have 4,000 rooms and will open in 2009.
- The Raleigh Convention Center opened with 500,000 square feet of meeting space, including 19 meeting rooms, a 150,000-sq. ft. exhibit hall, and a 32,000-sq. ft. ballroom.
- The 400-room Raleigh Marriott City Center opened adjacent to the Raleigh Convention Center with 15,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 9,000-sq. ft. ballroom.
- The Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa on Hilton Head Island completed renovations.
- Wolfgang Puck Catering is now available at Union Station and Reunion Tower.
- Shula’s 347 Grill opened at the Sheraton