As it approaches, EIBTM 2013, the global meetings industry and events exhibition, is supporting exhibitors with tips and advice to ensure they adopt a sustainable approach to their participation. The show takes place Nov. 19-21 in Fira Gran Via, Barcelona.
To help guide the conversations, EIBTM has announced its Top 10 tips for exhibitors planning to design a stand for the event. They include:
- Recruit a sustainability or green team to help implement sustainability measures.
- Use industry tools to measure the sustainability of your event.
- Provide information to your delegates electronically.
- Try to donate unwanted event extras to local social programs.
- Advertise your sustainability policy well.
- Implement event standards such as ISO 20121.
- Report on your sustainability actions using the GRI Event Organizer Sector Supplement.
- Educate yourself and your staff.
- Consider offering a virtual gift bag to your attendees.
- Be proud about your achievements and shout about them.