When the annual industry trade show EIBTM opened in Barcelona, Spain, this week, it rebranded itself as IBTM World. And that wasn’t the only “something new” that attendees experienced firsthand.
Show organizers also named a Top 10 list of innovations from companies that applied to showcase technological, social or design innovations demonstrating revolutionary solutions, applications and the latest technologies that could potentially transform the meetings and events industry. See what you think:
- Live Group IPS Locator Function. A dedicated app that enables attendees to position themselves, locate others and find specific areas on an interactive floor plan.
- Sli.do. An audience-engagement platform for live events that makes it easy for anyone in the audience to ask questions and vote on live polls via their devices.
- Social Tables. A leading provider of cloud-based hospitality software that positions venues to work more collaboratively and efficiently with their clients and attendees.
- Time2®. A Web-based event networking system that lets professionals at an event or on the move connect more efficiently and increase their networking opportunities.
- DPA Microphones. Described as a discreet necklace microphone and trademarked as “d:screet.”
- Lemon & Orange. An augmented reality-based solutions for mobile devices, websites and big screens plus interactive applications.
These are new product launches:
- Centium Software’s EventsAir. A cloud-based solution that gives meeting professionals an environment for all types of events, conferences, trade shows and meetings. It includes mobile apps, real-time run sheets, budget forecasting, reporting and analytics.
- Init Live. A mobile-first approach to managing the team on the ground. The cloud-based system includes a Web service and a free mobile device app. It equips event planners, event staff and volunteers with a real-time communication system and a comprehensive scheduling service.
- Showslice. An online platform that lets organizers of large meetings share event requirements with each other so they can connect, coordinate and share infrastructure costs back-to-back at one venue.
- Slidebox. Provides IT services with which speakers can manage their presentations and share their knowledge with their audience.
EIBTM 2014 brought more than 15,500 industry professionals together. The 2015 version will run Nov. 17-19 in Barcelona. The next IBTM America takes place June 9-15 in Chicago.
Do any of these innovations excite you? What will work, what won’t? Please share your comments in the box below. Thank you.