At the PYM LIVE Atlanta Event at Retreat of Dunwoody, Dr. James Hogg spoke about “Emergent Technologies for Meeting Professionals.” His goal was to blow our minds, and he did.
We have received an avalanche of requests from attendees and those unable to attend to share the educational content, so here are some audio of his speech that you can listen to and a copy of his presentation, so you can follow along as you listen:
Download this presentation as a PDF.
- Intro/Educational Objectives of This Presentation
- Communication Technologies (RSS Feeds, Wikis, Blogs & Podcasts)
- Difference Between Blogs and Wikis
- Protecting Your Brand Online
- Web 2.0 to 3.0 (The Virtual Internet & Your Virtual Secretary)
- Virtual Internet (continued)
- Multi-User Virtual Environments (MUVEs) and Virtual Meeting Technology
- New Interfacing Technologies (Goodbye Keyboard & Mouse)
- Multi-Touch Units (Microsoft Surface)
- Neural Interfaces
- Mobile Interfaces
- PICO Projectors
- Laser Keyboards
- Mobile Augmented Realities (“This is the best!”)
- Thin Clients
- Mobile Internet/Handheld Technology
- Questions & Answers
If you’re interested in learning more from James, an article he’s written will appear in the 2009 PYM Annual magazine. So, if you don’t already get our free publication, sign up here.