For the first time ever, GBTA’s annual European conference will take place in Berlin, with the Maritim Hotel Berlin as the host venue. Prague hosted in 2013.
The 2014 conference, running Nov. 12-14, is being combined with the annual fall meeting of the German business travel association Verband Deutsches Reisemanagement and will be one of the largest European events of its kind, according to the GBTA. More than 700 delegates are expected from 20-plus countries.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
The 2014 conference is expected to include:
- German- and English-speaking tracks of education.
- Seven hours of dedicated expo time.
- A pre-conference GBTA Academy Fundamentals of Business Travel Management (Associate level certificate) course.
- The GBTA Academy Global Travel Professional (GTP) examination (pre-conference).
- GBTA Europe Conference 2014 app, for your smartphone or tablet.