An hourlong session at IMEX Frankfurt on May 20 is intended to give planning professionals with less than three years experience a chance to get advice and guidance from industry leaders. The session is titled “Advice From Leaders — Pop-In Rising Star Zone.”
The session, anchored by a team of 10 industry leaders, is meant to create informal, constructive conversations. Each industry leader will host four 15-minute sessions and will stay when the hour is up to continue the conversations as necessary. The team includes:
- Jackie Boughton, head of sales at Barbican Business Events in London.
- Sue Etherington, commercial director at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in London.
- Paul Colston, managing editor of Mash Media in London.
- Kerrin MacPhie, sales director at the Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool, and the International Congress and Convention Association’s United Kingdom/Ireland chapter chair.
- Adam Baggs, founder and creative director of Soaring Worldwide public relations in Gloucestershire, England.
- Tracy Halliwell, director of business tourism and major events at London & Partners.
- Sue Burgess, senior director of operations at BCD Meetings & Incentives, a travel agency in Chicago.
- Alistair Turner, public relations director at Davies Tanner marketing and public relations in Kent, England.
- Alan Newton, co-founder and COO of Eventopedia, a meetings and events industry marketplace in London.
- Jacqui Kavanagh, CEO of Trinity Event Solutions in Lincolnshire, England, and HBAA chair.