The figures are in from last month’s IMEX America and the news is good: an 8 percent jump in the number of hosted buyers attending; a 4 percent increase in overall attendance (excluding hosted buyers); and an 8 percent rise in the number of exhibitors.
The fourth edition of IMEX America, the largest industry trade show in North America, was again held at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas. Some of the other statistics:
- 10,697 total visitors in three days.
- 2,909 hosted buyers from 54 countries.
- 70 percent of the hosted buyers came from the United States, 6 percent from Canada and 5 percent from Brazil.
- 2,900 exhibitors from more than 150 countries.
- 1,919 attendees from 57 countries.
- 85 percent of attendees came from the United States, 3.5 percent from Mexico and 3 percent from Canada.
- 53,000 prescheduled appointments made between buyers and exhibitors via IMEX’s new online system called the “appointment profile.”
The 2015 IMEX America takes place Oct. 13-15 in Las Vegas.