What were #eventprofs worrying about most in 2014? Well, according to our most-read articles, it was how to get out of attending the office holiday party!
Meeting and event planners also wanted to learn how to attract more sponsors, live-stream conference content and take advantage of the newest catering trends. Here’s a Top 10 list of this year’s most popular PlanYourMeetings.com stories.
- 8 reasons why I’m skipping the office Christmas party. Meeting Boy’s classic tongue-in-cheek post is a holiday classic and one of the best cautionary stories we’ve published on how meeting planners can (unintentionally) ruin festive occasions.
- Tips for attracting event sponsors, Part 1. Jackie Thornton, MS, CMP, offers sage advice on why companies sponsor events and how meeting and event planners can create effective sponsorship plans.
- Five cheap and easy tips for livestreaming conference content. Part of our Meeting Technology 101 series, this Kristi Casey Sanders’ article gives actionable tips for capturing and broadcasting event content.
- Six ways to make your awards show rock. Another humorous advice column — this time from Keith Johnston — counsels event planners to take their cues from the MTV Video Music Awards and offers actionable steps that will exponentially improve the quality of their awards shows.
- Tips for tapping Pinterest’s untapped potential. Julie Niehoff shares useful advice for anyone looking to use Pinterest for event marketing.
- Come and get it: 8 hot catering trends for 2015. If you couldn’t join us at 2014’s PYM LIVE Dallas event, you’ll benefit from this recap of David Wood’s F&B trends presentation, summarized by Sanders.
- DIY: How to create a webcast from a live event. One of Midori Connolly’s AVGirl columns, this 2010 post shows how ahead of the curve PYM’s coverage of event technology has been.
- Innovative ways to attract exhibitors and sponsors to your event. Kent Emeson shares simple ways you can shake up your sponsorship pitch and enhance its value proposition.
- 7 tips for creating a successful trade show. Part of our Best Practices series, Traci Browne’s article shares insights on generating the most ROI from your trade shows.
- Cool ideas for conference name badges. Sanders’ video proves that this prosaic conference item has a lot more potential than you might realize.
Did we miss one of your favorite stories? Please share in the comment section below. Is there something you’d like us to cover in 2015? Let us know that as well!