The PCMA Education Foundation has elected its 2016 officers and trustees. They’ll take office Jan. 14, immediately following Convening Leaders, the Professional Convention Management Association’s 60th annual meeting, in Vancouver, British Columbia. Convening Leaders runs Jan. 10-13.
Convening Leaders showcases innovations in event technology, meeting design and business event strategy, customarily drawing more than 4,000 attendees. PCMA itself has more than 6,500 members and 50,000 customers.
2016 officers and trustees
- Chair: Tina M. Wehmeir, CMP, CAE. CEO of AMC Institute (AMCI).
- Chair-elect: Phillip Jones, president and CEO of the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Secretary-treasurer: David G. Peckinpaugh, CMP, president of Maritz Travel Co.
- Immediate past chair: Gary Schirmacher, CMP, senior vice president of industry presence & strategic development at Experient, a Maritz Travel Co.
Tammy Routh, vice president of global sales at Marriott International will fill the one-year vacancy created by Jones’ appointment to chair-elect.
- Amy Calvert, senior vice president, Convention Sales & Services at Visit Baltimore.
- Susan Euritt, vice president, direct sales and business development at Garrett Brands.
- Tony Lorenz, CMM, co-founder and CEO at BOB.tv.
- Jack Patronski, executive vice president of industry development at Global Experience Specialists (GES).
- Valerie Sumner, principal, VRS Meetings and Events.
- Heidi Welker, vice president of marketing at Freeman AV Canada.
Completing 2015-16 terms
- Cara Banasch, vice president of convention sales & strategy at the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Eduardo Chaillo, CMP, CMM, CASE. CEO of Global Meetings and Tourism Specialists.
- Carol McGury, MPS, executive vice president of events and education services at SmithBucklin Corp.
- Angie Ranalli, CMP, vice president of Midwest sales for the San Diego Tourism Authority.
- Randall Tanaka, president/CEO of The First Step.
- Gregory A. O’Dell, president & CEO of Events DC. Term: 2015-16.
- Christopher Wehking, CMP, chief program officer of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. Term: 2016-17.
- Willliam F. Reed, FASAE, CMP, chairman, senior director of meetings and community engagement at the American Society of Hematology.
- Mary Pat Heftman, chair-elect, executive vice president of convention & strategic alliances at the National Restaurant Association.