111 Ski Hill Road
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Bring your group to Breckenridge and Breck brings it back tenfold. With its 150-year history and charming character, Breckenridge greets you with endless possibilities for a successful event. Breckenridge is easy to access, and even easier to explore once you arrive. Breckenridge events provide a setting where you can kick-it-up or kick back, from discovering heritage sites to the exhilaration of four mountain peaks to cultural flair. Your group will have the ultimate blend of things to explore, and the BCVB will be your own personal guide. Once you go Breck, you won’t go back.
The place to meet
Meet in Breckenridge, and create the perfect home base for your conference or corporate group. Known for its one-of-a kind hotels and progressive venues, Breckenridge offers amenities as expansive as the mountains themselves…not to mention the award-winning service your Colorado meetings will receive from the Breckenridge CVB. The authenticity of Breckenridge, combined with its ultra-modern offerings make it a comfortable, yet innovative place for corporations, government groups and other associations to come together. Host your group events in Breckenridge – the place to meet.
Key facts and stats
Breckenridge offers a landscape for real and authentic meetings and events that your group will talk about for years. From the welcoming energy of historic Main Street to the variety of teambuilding and group activities, what’s not to love? Breck is accessible, offers free in-town transportation, and is known for its premier signature events.
Here are some great highlights to consider for your destination event in Breckenridge:
- Lodging capacity: 25,000.
- Meeting space: +100,000 sq. ft.
- Guest rooms: 2,810.
- Hotel rooms and B&Bs: 501.
- Condominiums: 2,745.
- Private homes for rent: 739.
- Sales taxes: 8.15%.
- Lodging taxes: 10.55%.
- Max group size: 1,000.
- Ideal group size: 450.
- Value season: 4/1–11/15.
- Summer weather day: 70 degrees.
- Summer weather night: 50 degrees.
- Winter weather day: 28 degrees.
- Winter weather night: 15 degrees.
- Days of sunshine: 300/year.
- Inches of snow: 250-300/year.
- Elevation: 9,603 ft/2,927 m.
- Historic structures: 171
- Restaurants: +100.
- Shops and boutiques: +200.
Top 10 reason to meet in Breckenridge
- Superior service and hospitality innovation. You’ll receive the specialized attention and unbiased guidance from experts who live, work and Service at its Peak. The BCVB has been named the recipient of the Pinnacle Award for play in Breckenridge every day.
- A Real Town. Historic and charming, Breckenridge is known for its welcoming vibe and casual atmosphere that extends from the Victorian mining town to the ski resort summit. The 150-year-old mountain town creates a relaxed setting for a group meeting or destination event.
- Unique Lodging and Venues. Breckenridge is home to incredibly diverse properties with enticing amenities, and the BCVB works with over 48 that accommodate more than 20 people. From majestic private homes to state-of-the-art resort facilities and comfortable condominiums, you’ll find your very own home base here in Breck.
- ‘Top 10 Ski Resort’ in North America. From the thrill of deep powder to gentle rolling cruisers, Breck has something for everyone in the group. Consistently ranked as a ‘top 10’ ski resort, Breckenridge offers huge variety with 2,358 acres of terrain and four breathtaking mountain peaks.
- Activities and Things-to-Do. Here in Breckenridge, we inspire groups to choose their own adventure with an abundance of activities for any mood. Taste excitement with a dog sled tour, cozy up in a sleigh ride, unwind with a scenic round of golf or get pampered at a spa.
- Signature World-Class Events. Breckenridge is known for its impressive events that enhance the upbeat attitude of Main Street. Grab a stein at Oktoberfest, take in the Ullr Fest parade, or tune-in to the Breckenridge Music Festival. Let your group celebrate our real town Breck-style.
- Dining and Nightlife. More than 75 restaurants will tempt your tastebuds with fare to satisfy appetites from elegant dining to affordable bar food. Breckenridge is known for its nonstop nightlife with amazing scenic happy hour decks, historic lively saloons and hip music scenes and martini bars.
- History and Heritage. Breckenridge was a town long before it was a ski resort, and has a rich history of gold finds, exploration, booms and busts. Home to the largest historic district in Colorado, Breck features a new Welcome Center and heritage tours and treasures that await your groups’ discovery.
- Shopping on Main Street. Breckenridge’s bustling town is known as the perfect place to shop. With over 200 stores to choose from, visitors enjoy quaint storefronts featuring chic boutiques, jewelry, antiques, housewares and home furnishings to art galleries, sporting goods and clothing.
- High-Alpine Weather. Nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and embraced by the Ten Mile Range, Breckenridge is higher than most Colorado towns at 9,600 feet above sea level. Breck celebrates 300 inches of epic snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year, creating the ultimate year-round playground.
Whether you’re group calls for ski-in, ski-out access, proximity to Main Street or a retreat away from the hustle and bustle, you’ll discover the ideal home base for your corporate team. From large full-service resorts with vast innovation and amenities to majestic mountain estates, the Breckenridge CVB represents more than 35 lodging companies and nearly 3,000 units in town. From luxury condominiums to impressive private homes and full-service hotels, most group lodging in Breckenridge venues are within walking distance to bustling Main Street. Getting around is easy, as several properties offer free shuttles to guests. Thousands of square feet in meeting and conference space present every option from intimate meeting rooms to formal ballrooms, hosting up to 700 people.With the diverse mix of group lodging in Breckenridge, your Colorado meeting or event will find the right dynamic to be right at home.
Group activities in Breckenridge go far beyond skiing and riding. Whether playing hard in the fresh air at corporate teambuilding events, or pursuing art, music and a delicious meal following a collaborative meeting, Breckenridge presents the perfect mix of business and pleasure. The Breckenridge CVB inspires groups to choose their own agenda, whatever the goal. Taste history with a heritage tour, or taste excitement with a group snowmobile tour…or, kick-back and relax at a spa. There is always more to discover in Breck.
Group transportation – maps and directions
Both the ease of getting to Breckenridge and ease of getting around town make it a group destination that is low in stress and high in fun. With the Breckenridge CVB’s reputable transportation partners, you’ll experience the best access, value and special group rates. In the heart of the Central Rocky Mountains, Breck is under two hours from Denver International [DIA] and Colorado Springs [COS] airports. Once in Breckenridge, getting around the pedestrian-friendly town is effortless, with free transportation in and around town.
The Breckenridge CVB’s goal is to make your corporate groups’ visit unforgettable. We work with the local community to provide destination marketing services and materials, assist in itinerary planning, obtain lodging rates at great value, provide welcome booths, discount booklets and recommend restaurants, attractions and remarkable venues that will work for your conference or meeting. Our connection with the local community brings the best resources to make your Colorado meetings or Breckeridge events a huge success.
Located 90 miles west of Denver in Summit County, Colorado – Breckenridge is nestled in the heart of the Central Rocky Mountains. Getting to Breckenridge is smooth and convenient, just a 90-minute drive from two major airports – Denver International Airport (DEN) and Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS). Upon arriving, board a convenient shuttle or rent a car for a drive with dramatic views. Both the ease of getting here and getting around once you arrive, make Breckenridge a group destination that is low in stress and high in fun.
Climate and Weather
Embraced by the majestic Ten Mile Mountain Range, Breckenridge offers an amazing high-alpine environment at 9,600 feet. Nestled in the heart of the Rockies and higher than other Colorado mountain towns, Breck enjoys 300 inches of snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year, creating the perfect playground for groups to experience year round.
Ski Season (November – April)
Breckenridge winters are famous for incredible outdoor recreation conditions. The bright Colorado sunshine brings warmth and energy to complement the epic snowfall, creating an exhilarating environment for all activities you’ll enjoy. Visitors rave about the soft fluffy powder, low humidity and bluebird skies.
Average Daytime Temperature: 28 degrees
Average Nighttime Temperature: 15 degrees
Summer (June – August)
Breckenridge summers bring glorious sunshine, comfortable temperatures, breathtaking blue skies and beautiful native plants and wildflowers. A quick refreshing afternoon rain shower is fairly common, and will come and go quickly. The evenings will cool off considerably.
Average Daytime Temperature: 70 degrees
Average Nighttime Temperature: 50 degrees
Fall and Spring (October, May)
Fall and spring are terrific times to visit Breckenridge, with the same fantastic panorama of the mountains and crisp alpine air. The weather becomes a bit more unpredictable, but you can still enjoy many of the same outdoor activities as during high season.
Estimated Temperature October: 54 degrees
Estimated Temperature May: 56 degrees
High Altitude Climate
Throughout all seasons, a high altitude climate can affect people in a variety of ways, so be prepared to give yourself a chance to adapt. The low humidity remains about 30% throughout the year, and at 9,600 feet, the sun can be powerful. The beauty of the Rocky Mountains is that the weather can change dramatically and quickly.
High Altitude Tips:
• Stay hydrated with two to three times the normal intake of water.
• Protect your skin with sunscreen and your eyes with sunglasses or goggles.
• Bring many layers of clothing.
People always ask us how we can afford to provide so many free tools and educational resources to meeting planners. Well, it’s because of the support of people like you’ll find here. If you love what we give you, please give your business to these awesome meeting suppliers.