787 Munras Ave.
Monterey, CA 93940
There are so many options for your meeting or convention; why not choose a destination that will inspire your participants and make your work easier? With natural beauty known around the world, Monterey County is an iconic, bucket-list destination that builds event attendance every time.
Plan your meeting
The Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau Group Sales and Services Department offers a one-stop shop for all your meeting needs. We provide resources to help you every step of the way and are happy to assist in making your event a success. In this section you can browse our complimentary services, view the wide variety of activity and tour options that make Monterey County unique, learn local tips on how to green your event, how to leave your impact on the destination with social responsibility and access our many Destination Services and Transportation members for additional assistance.
Top reasons to book Monterey County
Natural attendance builder
As one association planner said, “If I can book Monterey, attendance will go up.” With so many iconic attractions and diverse activity options your delegates will be sure not to miss an event here. Attendees often add time prior or after the program schedule to fully enjoy the area.
Greatest meeting of land and sea
Monterey is an exceptionally beautiful destination for meetings. From the scenic coastlines and countryside valley vistas, it is an iconic setting for all types of gatherings from which attendees will return home from completely inspired.
Monterey has a range of venues for all budgets and service levels with 200 lodging properties across the county. From large and affordable hotels with conference space to quaint consortiums of bed & breakfasts to high end retreats, find the perfect lodging solution for your meeting in Monterey.
Each area within this region has a specific character and personality with something unique to offer and are just minutes away. Your delegates will be amazed at how quick and easy it is to get from one area to another to enjoy great activities from land to sea.
Food and wine
The freshest menu ingredients are locally sourced and available for your meals in Monterey County. As the “Salad Bowl of the World” you can count on this area to provide a cornucopia of delicious produce from the valleys and sustainable seafood from the Monterey Bay, also known as the “Serengeti of the Sea.”
We are able to offer you complimentary services via our expert team. Our professional staff acts as a liaison between your association, company or group and our member hotels, attractions and convention facilities. Whatever your need or desire, our team will work with you to create your most inspirational meeting yet.
We have an array of attractions and activities for all ages and abilities, but luckily we do not have that same assortment of weather. Temperatures consistently average 65 degrees year-round, so you can plan your program with confidence that weather will cooperate.
Focused on sustainability
From the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary with 99 miles of pristine beaches and the truly iconic Big Sur coastline, further inland to the geological wonder at Pinnacles National Park – We take personal responsibility to protect these inspirational assets. This extends to how we welcome our guests and how we host meetings and conferences in our destination.
Monterey County has an extraordinary moment for everyone.For meeting planners, Monterey provides a relaxing, un-harried, upscale resort-like ambiance in which your group can feel special without the expensive pricetag.
While the area is known for golf and wine, it offers access to a diverse and appealing set of other activities. It is the quintessential Central Coast of California experience – multidimensional and not solely focused on one destination asset. It is Napa, but better. It is Badon Dunes, but with so much more to offer.
Unique communities with their own personalities
Monterey County is made up of 3,371 square miles with a population of over 415,000. There are 12 towns and multiple other unincorporated areas all with distinct characteristics that you and your delegates will want to experience.
Complimentary CVB services
- Complimentary RFP distribution and response collection.
- Customized destination proposal with the Bid Book digital download.
- Site inspection coordination.
- Service Request distribution for additional event needs.
- Access to our many Meeting Services and Transportation members.
- Dine around coordination assistance and ideas.
- Itineraries for teambuilding, spouse activities and social responsibility programs.
Attendance promotional tools including customized microsites, maps and attendee discount programs.
- Brochures, images, videos, marketing copy and other downloadable templates.
- Welcome programs including letters from our CEO or City Officials, airport signage and room drops.
- Information on city permits, banners in town and other commuity resources.
- Post event evaluation templates for planners and attendees.
- Registration assistance and welcome desk staffing*.
- Housing services with MeetingMax*.
*Meeting size requirements apply to receive these services and are subject to change. View our CVB Service Details section for more information.
- 252 lodging facilities with 12,004 guest rooms.
- 700+ restaurants.
- More than 100 art galleries.
- 25 golf courses.
- More than 125 unique vineyards in 9 AVAs, including many wineries that are open to the public.
- 99 miles of shoreline, including the Big Sur coast.
- 19 State parks.
- 10 Major Museums (Cultural, Art, Natural History and Childrens’).
- Monterey Regional Airport with direct service to Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
- Amtrak rail service out of Salinas.
- Hwy 1, The Original Roadtrip.
People always ask us how we can afford to provide so many free tools and educational resources to meeting planners. Well, it’s because of the support of people like you’ll find here. If you love what we give you, please give your business to these awesome meeting suppliers.