As IMEX looks toward its second American event — in October in Las Vegas — organizers are strategizing ways to improve the experience.
At last year’s inaugural event, buyers and buyer-attendees praised the online scheduling system, which let them make their own appointments with exhibitors.
This year IMEX America is introducing a personalized inbox that will collect all messages from exhibitors to buyers and generate a single daily email for each buyer. The time-management process was tested at IMEX Frankfurt in May.
Also new at IMEX America this year:
- An expanded slate of networking receptions, led by MPI‘s early-evening event on Smart Monday, Oct. 8.
- Expanded free access to professional development and education sessions on Smart Monday.
- Expanded free access to seminars and workshops on the trade-show floor, the LearningCurve Zone and the Sustainability Center.
- Association Focus, a conference-within-a-conference for association meeting professionals delivered by the Center for Association Leadership (ASAE), International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), and the Professional Convention of Management Association (PCMA).
- An enhanced IMEX app and free Wi-Fi at the Sands Expo.
More than 2,000 hosted buyers and thousands of visiting attendees met with more than 1,800 exhibitors from 147 countries at the the first IMEX America. This year’s event runs Oct. 9-11 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, followed by PCMA’s Global Professionals Conference on Oct. 11-12.