Maggie McGowan, CGMP, CMP, the program coordinator/event services specialist for the University of Oklahoma’s Center for Public Management in Norman, becomes president of the Society of Government Meeting Professionals on July 1. Until then, McGowan will continue as first vice president.
Second vice president James Lynton, CGMP, treasurer Brett Sterenson and director Tecumseh Deloney, CMP, CGMP, were re-elected. Four new members will be on the national board for the first time. Eight of the board’s 10 members hold CGMP designations; three have CMP certifications. All members will serve two-year terms.
The rest of the board:
- First vice president: Michelle Milligan, MSW, LMSW, CGMP, of Detroit.
- Secretary: Maurine Hill of Jefferson City, Mo.
- Directors: Kimberly Forte, CGMP, of Denver; and Ann Koralewski, CGMP, CMP, of Gainesville, Fla.
- Immediate past president: Rob Coffman, CGMP, of Washington, D.C.
- Executive director & CEO: Rob Bergeron, CAE, CGMP, of Alexandria, Va.
The new national board will be installed during the Sam Gilmer Awards Banquet on April 29 at SGMP’s National Education Conference & Expo in Minneapolis. All terms begin July 1. For more information on the board members, visit the SGMP website HERE.