The Top 3 things employees do during mobile conference calls are completely unrelated to the call they’re listening in on, according to a study conducted by InterCall, one of the world’s largest conferencing providers.
InterCall wanted to see just how much going mobile has impacted conferencing habits, so it dug into more than 20 billion of its conferencing minutes and surveyed more than 500 outside, full-time employees. Study highlights showed
- Total mobile calls increased 23 percent from 2011 to 2012, and 19 percent from 2012 to 2013.
- 21 percent of total conference-call minutes in 2013 came from mobile devices.
- 27 percent of respondents admitted falling asleep during a conference call.
- Men are more likely to multitask during a conference call than women.
- Besides the office, the No. 1 place people take conference calls is the restroom.