Whether you use YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, iTunes or Vimeo — or all of them — you’re in good company. Primary Research Group has taken a serious look at the video marketing and production practices of more than 60 corporate groups, large and small. Among its findings:
- 43 percent of those surveyed believe video marketing is more cost effective than newspaper or magazine advertising.
- 91 percent of participants in education, nonprofits and government use videos on their websites.
- 39 percent of a video’s views come from a group’s website links.
- 44 percent of the technology, software and communications companies surveyed have at least one person whose full-time job is to make or market videos. That drops to 14 percent in the advertising and marketing industry.
- An organization’s most popular video gets an average of 350,000+ complete views over its life.
The complete 179-page report can be purchased in print and PDF format for $595 at www.primaryresearch.com.